System Location: Offers / Recurring Rewards
A recurring reward is a reward-based offer that is automatically issued to eligible members who have reached or surpassed the configured lifetime net points earned (earned minus deducted) threshold amount and any subsequent recurrence amount multiplier. The issuance of pending recurring rewards is triggered by manual reward processing via the application, or by issuing a transaction to the member that has the capability to reduce members' available points.
It is worth noting, that these rewards can also work retroactively. Recurring rewards will be issued once to members that have reached the lifetime threshold and additional times at each time they have crossed the incremental threshold defined. Depending on your issue-based limits, this could result in numerous rewards being issued for past points earned.
- Recurring Reward Management
- Creating a Recurring Reward
- Managing a Recurring Reward
- Viewing Recurring Reward Statistics
Recurring rewards do not require an associated promotion to function. Once a recurring reward is created and set to active, it may begin issuing to qualifying members.
Clicking "Add Recurring Reward" at the top of the page will begin the creation of a new recurring reward. Alternately, clicking "Edit" within the associated grid allows for changes to existing rewards.
Note: This is not a comprehensive list of all parameters on the reward management page. Some parameters are explained in detail within the page itself. If you have further questions, please contact ALP SaaS Support.
Categories are used to group "like" objects, mainly for organizational purposes. Although not required, it is considered a good practice to create logical, yet not overly specific categories early in the program.
The external reference acts as an identifier for the particular item when being exported or referred to by an external source.
Every reward that is issued from the system has a barcode. The "Unique Reward Id" option is the default and is based on the incremental reward Id number used by the database. The "standard fixed barcode" option allows for the same barcode to be printed on every reward of this type, while the "one time code" takes the next identifier available from the database.
This lifetime points earned amount is the variable that determines when an eligible member qualifies for the recurring reward.
Additional rewards can be achieved by earning this amount, or a multiple of this amount of points beyond the initial "Starts" threshold. If points are used, this will be the amount of points used when the reward is issued.
- Use Net Points Defined as (Points Earned - Points Deducted)
- Use Net Points Defined as (Points Earned - Points Deducted) And Use Available Points
- Use Net Points Defined as (Points Earned - Points Deducted - Points Expired) And Use Available Points
- Send Certificate Message If Not Delivered at the End of the Day - If enabled, an undelivered reward will trigger a send of the appropriate certificate message (configured below) at the time configured in the Queue Schedule page. This process will add a delivery record if the barcode is present in the message or attachment. This process will not take place for members with no contact information for the appropriate method.
- Send Notification Message If Not Delivered in Pseudo Real-Time - If enabled, an undelivered reward will trigger a near real-time send of the appropriate notification message (configured below). A delivery record will be added if the barcode is present in the message.
The print template governs the appearance of the physical printout of the reward.
The messaging templates govern the type of template that is used when the coupon is distributed externally.
If enabled, in the event that a member has an unredeemed reward, they can reprint the reward.
If checked, placeholders specific to this reward type will be valid in message-related promotions.
Clicking "Edit" on the recurring reward grid allows for editing of existing recurring rewards. Recurring rewards can also be deleted from the edit page, but only if they have never been issued.
Rather than deleting a reward, archiving a reward is the solution for preventing further issuance of the reward. Checking the "Check to Archive" check box and then saving, will instantly archive the reward.
Basic stats for rewards can be viewed by clicking the "Stats" link within the grid for the associated reward.
System Location: Analytics / System-Wide Statistics / Reward Statistics