System Location: Offers / Variable Rewards
A variable reward is a type of reward that has a dynamic point value and upon issuing, debits available points from the receiving member's account, based on the provided retail amount and the associated formula. An example of a variable reward may be a "restaurant voucher" where the total amount may vary. Variable rewards can be issued via web services and manually via the ALP SaaS application.
- Creating a Variable Reward
- Managing a Variable Reward
- Viewing Variable Reward Statistics
At the top of the aforementioned page, click the "Add Variable Reward" link to start the reward creation process.
Note: This is not a comprehensive list of all parameters on the reward management page. Some parameters are explained in detail within the page itself. If you have further questions, please contact ALP SaaS Support.
Categories are used to group "like" objects, mainly for organizational purposes. Although not required, it is considered a good practice to create logical, yet not overly specific categories early in the program.
The external reference acts as an identifier for the particular item when being exported or referred to by an external source.
This formula converts the provided retail value to points, then debits the amount of points from the member account when the reward is issued.
This formula converts the provided retail value to profit. Profit is used in calculation of member value.
Every reward that is issued from the system has a barcode. The "Unique Reward Id" option is the default and is based on the incremental reward Id number used by the database. The "standard fixed barcode" option allows for the same barcode to be printed on every reward of this type, while the "one time code" takes the next identifier available from the database.
- Send Certificate Message If Not Delivered at the End of the Day - If enabled, an undelivered reward will trigger a send of the appropriate certificate message (configured below) at the time configured in the Queue Schedule page. This process will add a delivery record if the barcode is present in the message or attachment. This process will not take place for members with no contact information for the appropriate method.
- Send Notification Message If Not Delivered in Pseudo Real-Time - If enabled, an undelivered reward will trigger a near real-time send of the appropriate notification message (configured below). A delivery record will be added if the barcode is present in the message.
The print template governs the appearance of the physical printout of the reward.
The messaging templates govern the type of template that is used when the coupon is distributed externally.
If enabled, in the event that a member has an unredeemed reward, they can reprint the reward.
If checked, placeholders specific to this reward type will be valid in message-related promotions.
To begin making changes to an existing reward, click the "Edit" link within the main grid for the applicable reward. If there is only a "View" link, the user does not have appropriate access to make changes.
Enabling the "Check to Archive" checkbox will prevent the reward from being issued.
Basic statistics can be accessed via the "Stats" link within the main grid for the applicable reward.
System-Wide statistics provide the ability to view summary statistics that can be filtered by various options, including active/archive status and by date range.
Main Article: Segments
Individual instances of rewards that have been issued can be grouped for detailed exporting by using the reward group functionality.