A key code promotion is a web-based promotion that is used to issue points to members who enter a predetermined code in the associated entry textbox on the customer web portal and/or Facebook Application. Each key code promotion can be assigned up to five codes and the promotion can be configured to issue only once to a participating member, or once for each of the codes entered. Key codes are unique to a promotion and once issued, cannot be reused.
Clicking "Edit" in the grid for an existing promotion will start the editing process. Alternately, the instructions below detail the process of creating a new promotion.
Main Article: Transaction Type
In order to issue points, a relevant promotional transaction type must exist within the application. If one already exists, this step is not needed.
Click "Add Key Code Promotion" at the top of the page to begin the promotion creation process. The name and description are the first two entry boxes on the page, with the description being for internal use only.
Alternately, to modify an existing promotion, click the "Edit" link within the grid for the associated promotion. Modifying an existing promotion will not affect transactions that have already been issued. Unused promotions can also be deleted from the "Edit" page.
- Transaction Type - The type of transaction that will be issued to eligible members who participate.
- Point Formula - The amount of points that will accompany the transaction issued to participating members.
- Active Date Range - The date range in which key code entries will be considered valid.
- Promotion Options - Specify the appropriate option for issuance rules.
- Key Codes - The left input boxes require the actual codes, while the right input boxes are for code-specific descriptions.
- Eligible Members - Specifies the eligible club(s) and/or segment(s) of members who are eligible.
After saving, the promotion may be active (depending on the date range entered) and will be able to issue points for valid entries.
The entry points for key codes must be established to allow for member participation.
Main Article: Customer Web Portal Module Management
A "Key Code Entry" module type is necessary for entry via the customer web portal.
Main Article: Facebook App Settings
Enabling the "Promotions" option will allow for code entry via the Facebook Application.
Clicking "Stats" in the grid will display statistics for the associated promotion.
Used key code promotions cannot be deleted. To prematurely disable a key code promotion and not allow retroactive promotion entries (via file import only), click "Edit" for the associated promotion and disable the "Eligible Members" option(s), then save. Before saving, it is recommended to alter the description to store information as to what members were eligible.