A Program Enrollment Point Promotion will automatically issue points to eligible members directly after their enrollment into the program. These points are issued before members are assigned to clubs and most groups, the timing of which can preempt eligibility for some things, like recurring and forced rewards.
Main Article: Transaction Type
A relevant transaction that is controlled via promotional settings is necessary to award points via this promotion.
To create a new promotion, click the "Add" link at the top of the page. Alternately, an existing promotion can be modified by clicking the "Edit" link next to the associated promotion within the main grid. Modifying an existing promotion will not affect transactions that have already been issued. Furthermore, unused promotions can also be deleted from the edit page.
The first two text boxes require entry of the promotion name and description, which are used internally.
- Program - The eligible program that members must be enrolled into. Most databases only have one program.
- Transaction Type - The type of transaction that will be issued to qualifying enrollments.
- Point Formula to Issue - The point amount that will accompany the promotional transaction.
- Business Unit & Location - If the program enrollment does not have origination details (unusual), than the promotional transaction will inherit this business unit & location.
- Location Descriptor - If used, only locations assigned to the selected descriptor will qualify for the promotion.
- Active Date Range - The date range in which enrollments must occur to qualify.
After saving, the promotion will be active within the specified date ranges.
To disable a program enrollment promotion prematurely, edit an existing promotion by clicking "Edit" within the main grid next to the associated promotion. Altering the end of the date range to a prior date than the current will prevent all but retroactive enrollments from receiving points. It is recommended to store the used dates within the description for further reference.
Clicking "Stats" within the main grid will provided promotion-related statistics.