A batch reward promotion is a reusable promotion that is used to issue an internal reward to eligible members. Upon issuance, the promotion can be configured to reduce the members' available point balance. The promotion can be manually executed for the rewards to be issued, although it can be configured to auto-execute on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Starting with the 2016.5 release, instances of this promotion will not begin execution if the configured reward is using one-time use codes and not enough codes will be available to complete the batch.
Main Article: Internal Reward
A relevant internal reward that is necessary to for issuance via this promotion.
A new promotion is created by clicking the "Add" link at the top of the page. Alternately, an existing promotion can be modified by clicking the "Edit" link within the grid for the associated promotion. Modifying existing promotions does not affect rewards that have already been issued. The first two parameters, name and description, are used for internal reference.
- Reward Type - The type of internal reward that will be issued.
- Options - Upon issuance, the promotion can either set a members' available point balance to zero or deduct a fixed amount of points (zero is a valid option) after issuance.
- Auto Execute - If this promotion is intended to automatically execute on an ongoing basis, select the appropriate interval.
- Business Unit / Location - Specify the defaulting location that will be issuing the rewards.
- Eligible Members - The eligible member tree is used to specify who will receive the bonus upon execution. A member only needs to be a part of one of the selected segment(s) and/or club(s) to be eligible.
After saving, the promotion will be available for execution. Only after execution will the rewards be issued.
From the main grid, click "Executions" to reach the execution page. When on the execution view page, click the "Execute" link in the upper-left of the page to reach the final execution page.
On the final execution page, select the originating business unit and location for all rewards issued by the promotion. When complete, click the "Save" button. The process will be scheduled and rewards will begin issuing.
Past instances of promotion executions can be viewed by clicking the "Executions" link for the associated promotion.