System Location: Messaging / Settings
The Settings sub menu contains configuration related to the technical processes involved in overall messaging functionality. The "On-Demand" items relate to settings that control non-campaign related messaging, while the "Campaigns" settings are devoted strictly to campaign (blast) functionality.
The settings within these pages control the functionality used in "on-demand" and campaign-based Emails. There are multiple provider options on these pages, such as the SmartButton ESP, a custom ESP and third-party providers (detailed below). If multiple ESPs are selected, the desired ESP must be configured on a per-template level. When configuring the SmartButton ESP, only information required for the signature of the Email is necessary. The presentation of the signature can be configured by altering the "Footer Template." In order to use a custom ESP, the following info is required:
- SMTP Server - The SMTP server that will be used to transfer messaging messages.
- SMTP Server User - The user name that is necessary for access to the SMTP server. "Open" SMTP servers are not supported.
- SMTP Server Password - The password for the server user.
- Delay in Milliseconds - The time delay between message transfers.
- "From" messaging Address - The displayed sender messaging address.
- "From" Name - The displayed sender "From" name.
Some ESP configuration may be custom. Please contact ALP SaaS Support for more information on configuration not listed here.
On-demand messages will be retried at intervals of 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, and 90 minutes, if connection to the provider server has failed. Configuration and member preferred delivery method preferences will be re-checked at each interval.
These settings govern the configuration of on-demand templates.
- Welcome Email Template - The template that will be sent via Email whenever a welcome messaging is generated, either via web service, or enrollment via the customer web portal and mobile portal. This will only be sent to members who have "Email" selected as their related preferred delivery method.
- Attach Primary Id Card to Welcome messaging - If enabled, a "temporary" card print-out of the member's primary account Id will be attached to the welcome messaging. The appearance of this will be governed by the appropriate print template.
- Welcome Text Template - The template that will be sent via text whenever a welcome messaging is generated, either via web service, or enrollment via the customer web portal and mobile portal. This will only be sent to members who have "Text" selected as their related preferred delivery method.
- Case Creation Acknowledgement Templates - The selected template will be sent to a member whenever a member case is created, based on their preferred delivery method.
- Password Help Email Template - The Email-specific template that will be sent whenever a member requests a "password help". This will only be sent to members who have "Email" selected as their related preferred delivery method.
- Password Help Text Template - The Text-specific template that will be sent whenever a member requests a "password help". This will be sent to members who have "Text" selected as their related preferred delivery method.
When using the External Campaign functionality, targets must be configured within this page. The targets are then used to deliver the messaging content.
Targets can be set to FTP, sFTP and SSL FTP server types, and users can specify the FTP Port Number.
On-demand text provider settings are configured within this page.
ALP SaaS supports the following third-party messaging services. Development to extend support to more is ongoing.
- Salesforce - Campaign, ODMI*
- IBM Watson - Campaign, ODMI*
*ODMI, or On-Demand Messaging Interface, includes messages that are triggered by the member. For example, password reminders, welcome emails and more.
ALP SaaS Support must be contacted in order to establish integration with third-party messaging services.