Referral Activity Promotion (formerly Referrer Spend Promotion) functionality will automatically award points to qualifying members based on the referrals of new members meeting the minimum required activity within the predefined number of days after their enrollment. Bonuses can be issued to the referrer or the referred member (referee).
For example, a referral activity promotion may require that referred members spend a minimum of $75.00 within the first 60 days after their enrollment date in order for promotional points to be issued to the referrer.
Proper promotion functionality is dependent on the appropriate referral-base configuration within the Referrer Tracking Settings page. Furthermore, the promotion will not retroactively consider referrals as the promotion must be created first.
Main Article: Transaction Type
In order for the promotion to issue points, a relevant transaction type that is controllable by promotions must exist.
To create a new referral activity promotion, click the "Add Referral Activity Promotion" link at the top of the page. Alternately, click "Edit" within the grid to modify an existing promotion. Unused promotions can also be deleted from the edit page.
The two top-most text boxes are for entry of the promotion name and description, for internal use only.
- Active Date Range - The promotion will only be active for referrals that occur within the specified date range.
- Activity Type - The type of activity that is considered by this promotion.
- Issue To - The recipient of the bonus is configured with this option.
- Must Spend/Earn/Wager X Within Y Days After Enrollment - The referred members must spend/earn/wager a total amount of X within Y days after the day of their enrollment. Transactions before enrollment will also be considered. Note: "Spend" only counts for purchase-type transactions.
- Business Unit - Transactions issued by this promotion will show as being issued from this business unit.
- Associate Transaction With Location - Transactions issued by this promotion will show as being issued from this location.
- Issue Transaction Type - Points will be issued in association with this transaction type.
- Point Formula To Issue - The number of points that will be issued for each qualifying enrollment.
- Transaction Type Descriptor - If selected, an additional filter is allowed based on the transaction type descriptor.
- Eligible Members - Only referrers in one or more of the selected clubs and/or segments will be eligible to receive the promotion points.
Upon saving, changes will be immediate. If it is currently within the configured date ranges, transactions can and will be issued to qualifying referrers.
Basic statistics can be viewed by clicking the "Stats" link within the grid for the associated promotion.