A parimutuel transaction bonus promotion automatically appends bonus points to qualifying parimutuel transactions for qualifying members. More specifically, transactions must be within the specified date range (based on activity timestamp) and must also be from a location associated to the specified location descriptor, and earned by an eligible member. Transactions created before the promotion is created are not affected.
An example of a parimutuel transaction bonus promotion: "Award 25% extra points to all parimutuel wagers in March 2011 for members in the Players Club"
To create a new parimutuel transaction bonus promotion, click the "Add Parimutuel Transaction Bonus Promotion" on the aforementioned system page. Furthermore, an existing parimutuel transaction bonus promotion may be modified by clicking "Edit" within the grid for the associated promotion. Modifying an existing promotion does not affect transactions that have already been bonused.
Transactions must meet all of the following criteria in order to be bonused.
- Bonus Percentage - This bonus percentage is based on the base point amount and appended to the transaction. If the bonused transaction would normally earn 10 base points (before any other bonuses), a 25% bonus would append an additional 2.5 points. Multiple transaction bonus promotions can be stacked together and will not cause conflicts as the base point amount is used.
- Active Date Range - Transactions with an activity timestamp between the date range will be eligible for bonus.
- Valid Only on Days - Enable the "days of the week" that the promotion is eligible for.
- Location Descriptor/Group - Only transactions associated with the specified location descriptor or location group will be eligible. This is optional, as all locations can be selected for eligibility.
- Track Descriptor - Only wager transactions made on parimutuel tracks with this descriptor assigned will be eligible. This is optional, as "Do Not Filter" can be selected to include all tracks.
- Pool Descriptor - Only wager transactions made on parimutuel pools with this descriptor assigned will be eligible. This is optional, as "Do Not Filter" can be selected to include all pools.
- Eligible Members - Check the appropriate clubs and segments to specify eligible members. Members only need to be in one of the selected.
After saving the promotion, it is active and able to bonus transactions.
To view basic statistics, click the "Stats" link in the grid for the associated promotion. Alternately, individual transactions can be viewed within the Activity subpage located within the Clienteling Services page,
Due to the fact that parimutuel transaction bonus promotions are based on activity timestamp, the promotions never truly expire.
To disable an existing parimutuel transaction bonus promotion, edit the promotion, then uncheck all qualifying transaction types and/or all eligible member selections. Before saving, it is recommended to record all qualifiers for the promotion in the description field for future reference.