A random reward promotion is a reusable promotion that is used to randomly issue an internal reward to eligible members. The promotion must be manually executed for the rewards to be issued, although it can be configured to auto-execute on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Starting with the 2016.5 release, instances of this promotion will not begin execution if the configured rewards are using one-time use codes and not enough codes will be available to complete the batch.
Main Article: Internal Reward
A relevant internal reward that is necessary to for issuance via this promotion. One promotion can issue up to five different rewards at random.
A new promotion is created by clicking the "Add" link at the top of the page. Alternately, an existing promotion can be modified by clicking the "Edit" link within the grid for the associated promotion. Modifying existing promotions does not affect rewards that have already been issued. The first two parameters, name and description, are used for internal reference.
- Reward Type(s) - The type(s) of internal reward that will be issued.
- Issue Per Execution - The amount of each reward type that will be issued. Note: If the total sum of "issue per executions" exceed the number of eligible members, remaining rewards will go unissued. A member cannot receive more than one.
- Auto Execute - To have this promotion execute automatically, check the appropriate checkbox.
- Business Unit & Location - The originating business unit and location that the promotion will default to.
- Eligible Members - The eligible member tree is used to specify who will receive the bonus upon execution. A member only needs to be a part of one of the selected segment(s) and/or club(s) to be eligible.
After saving, the promotion will be available for execution. Only after execution will the bonus transactions be issued.
From the main grid, click "Executions" to reach the execution page. When on the execution view page, click the "Execute" link in the upper-left of the page to reach the final execution page.
On the final execution page, select the originating business unit and location for all rewards issued by the promotion. When complete, click the "Save" button. The process will be scheduled and rewards will begin issuing.
Past instances of promotion executions can be viewed by clicking the "Executions" link for the associated promotion. Details for recipients can be accessed by lcicking the "Issued Details" link on this page.