A recurring product promotion is a reusable promotion that is used to issue internal reward(s) or points to eligible members every time they purchase a set number of eligible products. The promotion can be manually executed for the rewards to be issued, although it can also be configured to auto-execute on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Note: This promotion will not re-issue rewards or points in the event of reward or associated transaction cancels.
Main Article: Internal Reward
The existence of a relevant internal reward is necessary for reward issuance via this promotion.
Main Article: Transaction Type
The existence of a transaction type that can be used in promotions is necessary to issue points via this promotion.
A new promotion is created by clicking the "Add" link at the top of the page. Alternately, an existing promotion can be modified by clicking the "Edit" link within the grid for the associated promotion. Modifying existing promotions does not affect rewards that have already been issued. The first two parameters, name and description, are used for internal reference.
- Issue Type - Specifies whether this promotion will issue a reward or points to members.
- Reward Type - The type of reward that will be issued, if the promotion is to issue a reward.
- Points to Issue - If the promotion issues points, how many will be issued to qualifying members.
- Transaction Type - If the promotion issues points, which transaction type will be utilized.
- Member Issue Limits - Sets an issue limit per member for the entire promotion.
- Product Descriptor - Products assigned to this descriptor will be eligible for the promotion.
- Active Date Range - Only transactions with an activity timestamp within this date range are eligible.
Use cumulative count of all products - If multiple products are eligible, any purchase of any product will count toward the required recurring interval.
- Example: Product A, B, and C are eligible. Member has purchased (6) Product A, (2) Product B, and (4) Product C. If the interval is 3, member will receive 4 rewards.
Use individual product count - If multiple products are eligible, individual product purchases are summed and used independently for the recurring interval.
- Example: Product A, B, and C are eligible. Member has purchased (6) Product A, (2) Product B, and (4) Product C. If the interval is 3, member will receive 3 rewards (2 rewards for 2 increments of Product A, 1 reward for 1 increment of Product C).
- Use cumulative count of all products - If multiple products are eligible, any purchase of any product will count toward the required recurring interval.
- Interval - The recurring interval of product purchases necessary to receive rewards.
Product Count Options
Products Purchased - Returns are ignored.
- Example: Member A purchases 3 qualifying products, but returns 1 within the promotional period. The count is 3.
Net Products Purchased - Returns are subtracted from purchases.
- Example: Member A purchases 3 qualifying products, but returns 1 within the promotional period. The count is 2.
- Products Purchased - Returns are ignored.
- Auto Execute - To have this promotion execute automatically shortly after the daily promotional process, select the appropriate option.
- Business Unit & Location - The originating business unit and location that the promotion will default to.
- Eligible Members - The eligible member tree is used to specify who will receive the bonus upon execution. A member only needs to be a part of one of the selected segment(s) and/or club(s) to be eligible.
After saving, the promotion will be available for execution. Only after execution will the bonus transactions be issued.
From the main grid, click "Executions" to reach the execution page. When on the execution view page, click the "Execute" link in the upper-left of the page to reach the final execution page.
On the final execution page, select the originating business unit and location for all rewards issued by the promotion. When complete, click the "Save" button. The process will be scheduled and rewards will begin issuing.
Past instances of promotion executions can be viewed by clicking the "Executions" link for the associated promotion.