Initiates a customer web portal login session and provides a hyperlink to the desired entry page.
- Records an "Internet Visit" interaction at the time of the call.
- Not a total replacement for standard customer web portal login; does not enforce password expiration, trigger an instant messaging promotion pop-up or perform post-login functionality, such as prompting a member to complete their enrollment information or accept terms of service.
- Mobile portal not supported.
- One of two identifiers can be supplied (Account Id or Internal Member Id). If both are supplied, the Account Id is given preference and is used to retrieve the member. If no Internal Member Id is available, enter -1 for this field.
- Inactive and "Inactive for Login" Account Ids will not be accepted in this call.
|DATA TYPE||DATA REQUIRED?||FORMATTING||NOTES|
WS Security Token
|Account Id||Alphanumeric||Yes/No||See Article Notes|
|Internal Member Id||Integer||Yes/No||See Article Notes|
|Portal Menu Item External Reference||Alphanumeric||Yes||External reference of the "destination page"|
Common Return Codes
Additional error codes may be generated. Their descriptions can be found by calling GetReturnCodeMessage.