A point transfer allows for an audited, direct method of moving points from one member account to another. The transfer results in two transactions, one for each member. These transactions are linked and if one of them is canceled, the other is also canceled. Permissions for this feature are controlled by User and there is also an associated Usage Setting to determine which transaction type is utilized for this purpose.
Certain features such as adding new forced rewards or recurring rewards with "do not deduct points" will be turned off if this functionality is enabled. Also, Recurring Gift Card Promotions must use deduct points option checked to use Point Transfer. If there are active forced rewards, active recurring rewards or recurring gift card promotions with deduct points off then Point Transfer functionality can't be enabled.
Issuing a Point Transfer via ALP SaaS
- Retrieve the first account within the aforementioned system location.
- Click the "Point Transfer" link in the bottom-left.
- Retrieve the second account within the "Point Transfer" page using the on-screen search grid and "Select" button.
Specify the appropriate parameters:
- Business Unit/Location - The originating location for the transaction.
- Activity Date for Point Transfer - The activity timestamp for the transaction.
- Point Transfer Amount - The amount of points to be transferred to the second account via the transaction. This amount must be positive.
- Transaction Note - Text details related to the transfer (e.g. it's purpose).
- Click "Save Point Transfer" to commit the transaction.