A product item promotion is a web-based promotion that is used to issue points to members who enter an eligible product external reference (SKU) in the associated entry textbox on the customer web portal. Each product code promotion is assigned product item group(s) which contain the products eligible for the promotion.
Clicking "Edit" in the grid for an existing promotion will start the editing process. Alternately, the instructions below detail the process of creating a new promotion.
Main Article: Transaction Type
In order to issue points, a relevant promotional transaction type must exist within the application.
- Transaction Type - The type of transaction that will be issued to eligible members who successfully participate.
- Point Formula - The amount of points that will accompany the transaction issued to participating members.
- Active Date Range - The date range in which entries will be considered valid.
- Valid to Product Groups - The product item group(s) which contain the eligible products for the promotion.
- Entry Limit - If enabled, enforces a per-member entry limit for the promotion.
- Eligible Members - Specifies the eligible club(s) and/or segment(s) of members who are eligible.
The entry points for Product codes must be established to allow for member participation.
Main Article: Customer Web Portal Module Management
A "Product Item Entry" module type is necessary for entry via the customer web portal.
Main Article: Mobile Site Settings
Clicking "Stats" in the grid will display statistics for the associated promotion.
Used product item promotions cannot be deleted. To prematurely disable a product item promotion, click "Edit" for the associated promotion and disable the "Eligible Members" option(s) or change the end of the active date range, then save. Before saving, it is recommended to alter the description to store the original information.