A recurring transaction location promotion is a reusable promotion that is used to issue internal reward(s) or points to eligible members every time they register a qualifying transaction at a particular location or group of locations within the specified period. The promotion can be manually executed, although it can also be configured to auto-execute on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Example Scenario: Members who register two transactions at any Delaware store within 2018, will receive double points for every Delaware-based transaction, beginning with the third for the remainder of 2018.
Main Article: Internal Reward
The existence of a relevant internal reward is necessary for reward issuance via this promotion.
Main Article: Transaction Type
The existence of a transaction type that can be used in promotions is necessary to issue points via this promotion.
A new promotion is created by clicking the "Add" link at the top of the page. Alternately, an existing promotion can be modified by clicking the "Edit" link within the grid for the associated promotion. Modifying existing promotions does not affect rewards that have already been issued. The first two parameters, name and description, are used for internal reference.
- Issue Type - Specifies whether this promotion will issue a reward or points to members.
- Reward Type - The type of reward that will be issued, if the promotion is to issue a reward.
- Points to Issue - If the promotion issues points, how many will be issued to qualifying members.
- Transaction Type - If the promotion issues points, which transaction type will be utilized.
- Transaction Type Descriptor - Only the transaction types assigned to the selected transaction type descriptor will be considered eligible for this promotion.
- Active Date Range - Only transactions with an activity timestamp within this date range are eligible.
- Minimum Threshold Amount - Only transactions greater than or equal to this retail amount will be eligible.
- Transaction Location Count Options - Specifies when bonuses begin issuing based on the amount of qualifying transactions and whether or not they need to be registered at any one specific location or at any one of the qualifying locations.
- Business Unit & Location - If the override checkbox is checked or not present, any transactions or rewards will be issued from the selected business unit and location. If the override option is unchecked, the location from the transaction that earned the reward/transaction will be used.
- Member Qualification Limits - Specifies the maximum amount of qualifying transactions observed by the promotion.
- Auto Execute - To have this promotion execute automatically during the daily promotional process, select the appropriate option.
- Eligible Locations - The eligible location tree is used to specify which location groups are eligible for the promotion.
- Eligible Members - The eligible member tree is used to specify who will receive the bonus upon execution. A member only needs to be a part of one of the selected segment(s) and/or club(s) to be eligible.
After saving, the promotion will be available for execution. Only after execution will the bonus transactions be issued.
From the main grid, click "Executions" to reach the execution page. When on the execution view page, click the "Execute" link in the upper-left of the page to reach the final execution page.
On the final execution page, verify the provided information matches the intended action. When complete, click the "Save" button. The process will be scheduled and rewards will begin issuing.
Past instances of promotion executions can be viewed by clicking the "Executions" link for the associated promotion.